The Hawaii Gas Kokua Giving Program is a charitable contributions program funded annually based on the profitable business activity of Hawaii Gas. We are grateful for the opportunity to give to organizations that do essential work across Hawaii.
The Hawaii Gas Kokua Giving Program’s objective is to improve the quality of life in communities where Hawaii Gas operate and where our employees are active. Within these areas our priorities are to:
- Support organizations and projects that address significant and/or high priority community needs.
- Have a connection to Hawaii Gas’ business activity and/or employees.
- Have the proven support of the community in which the organization serves.
Eligibility for Partnership
- Hold a current valid IRS determination letter recognizing the organization's public charity status within the meaning of Code Sections 501(c) (3) and 509, or be a registered school, university or governmental entity to which contributions are deductible.
- Demonstrate effective organizational, programmatic and financial goal setting and management.
- Organizations must be a non-profit based in Hawaii whose projects have a direct benefit to Hawaii Residents.
- Agree to Legal terms and conditions of the grant.
Disqualifications / Ineligible Programs:
- Individuals or support for specific individuals.
- Programs of national scope that do not specifically benefit Hawaii organizations.
- Political action committees, causes or candidates.
- Veteran, fraternal or alumni organizations.
- Private non-operating foundations.
- Athletic teams or social groups.
- Scholarships or tuition assistance to individuals.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or other protected classes.
Please email questions to email@example.com